Solar bike paths provide safe cycle routes that provide roof coverage for convenient all weather cycling with the added bonus of generating solar electricity.
Features and advantages of the solar bike path include:
- Rapid assembly of bike paths by joining together modular prefabricated spans
- Minimal disturbance to the ground surface at locations where the paths are installed - only two pylon posts are required rather than extensive ground works.
- Prefabricated construction can provide economies of scale than can reduce costs
- Solar panels pre-installed and wired on the roof with connecting looms between spans
- Pre-installed lighting
- The path can be elevated to allow for grades over terrain and obstacles.